Studio Strokes Lead Free firing Underglaze
Studio Strokes have been manufactured in UK for over 20 years. They are sold worldwide into Schools, Colleges, Universities and “Paint your own Pottery Cafes”.
We have 35 colours which are Non-Toxic, Food Safe and Lead Free. It is readily available in pints. Should you wish to buy in gallons this can be arranged. Studio Strokes have a firing range of 06 to 05 for earthenware pottery.
How to Use
Apply 2 to 3 coats to bisque only, allow to dry between coats. Glaze can be applied with a brush or just dip glaze. If you apply 3 coats well you will find it does not need Dipping Glaze, although in most case it is recommended that you Dip Glaze your piece or put 2 coats of Brush-on glaze on before firing. Store at room temperature.
- For solid coverage apply 3 coats using a Goat Hair Fan Brush
- To colour the inside of a vessel, thin it to 50/50 to roll glaze
- Can be applied with a sponge
- Thin 50% colour to 50% water to use with a Banding Wheel
- Create lovely designs with the Kemper Tools as the colour has a good surface tension, so the paint stays solid on the tool instead of Popping. (see Gallery for examples)
- For Antiquing bisque
- General use in Studio
- Ideal for all ages